Main Article Content
One of the indicators of insufficient literacy knowledge in society is their susceptibility to deal with conflict, hate speech, hoax, and defamation. This article represents research findings aimed at exploring the literacy skills of the academic community of IAIN Langsa in accepting disastrous information on news that leads to harmful and misleading content. Moreover, it also aimed at disseminating preventive information for not forwarding news obtained from social media, which is used as a medium of information, to reduce the disaster risks that trigger a moral loss in society. This research applied descriptive methods. The research subjects were students, lecturers, and staff of IAIN Langsa. Data were collected using a questionnaire via Google form and semi-structured interviews.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Author retains the copyright and grants the journal the right of first publication of the work simultaneously licensed under the https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/ that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal
- Author is able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (eg post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book) with the acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Author is permitted and encouraged to post his/her work online (ex in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of the published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
- Braun, V., & Clarke, V. (2008). Using thematic analysis in psychology,Qualitative Research in Psychology. Journal of Chemical Information and Modeling, 3(2), 77–101. http://dx.doi.org/10.1191/1478088706qp063oa
- Bright, J. (2016). The Social News Gap: How News Reading and News Sharing Diverge. Journal of Communication, 66(3), 343–365. https://doi.org/10.1111/jcom.12232
- Dimock, M. (2019). Where Millennials end and Generation Z begins | Pew Research Center. Pew Research Center, 1–7. https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/01/17/where-millennials-end-and-generation-z-begins/
- Duffy, A., Tandoc, E., & Ling, R. (2020). Too good to be true, too good not to share: the social utility of fake news. Information Communication and Society, 23(13), 1965–1979. https://doi.org/10.1080/1369118X.2019.1623904
- Goh, D., Ling, R., Huang, L., & Liew, D. (2019). News sharing as reciprocal exchanges in social cohesion maintenance. Information Communication and Society, 22(8), 1128–1144. https://doi.org/10.1080/1369118X.2017.1406973
- Imam Gunawan, I. (2017). The Application of Instructional Management Based Lesson Study and its Impact with Student Learning Achievement. 45(CoEMA), 4–12. https://doi.org/10.2991/coema-17.2017.2
- Labudasari, E., Rochmah, E., & Kunci, K. (2020). Literasi bencana di sekolah: Sebagai edukasi untuk meningkatkan pemahaman kebencanaan. Metode Didaktik, 16(1), 41–44.
- Lestari, S., & Sekarasih, L. (2020). Motif Individu, Karakteristik Konten Berita, dan Tingkah Laku Meneruskan Pesan melalui WhatsApp. 4(2), 86–103. http://jip.fk.unand.
- Liu, J. (2017). Mobile phones, social ties and collective action mobilization in China. Acta Sociologica (United Kingdom), 60(3), 213–227. https://doi.org/10.1177/0001699316660596
- Rahman, A., Nurlela, & Najamuddin. (2020). Penyuluhan Bijak Bermedia Sosial Pada Masyarakat di Desa Tarasu Kabupaten Bone Provinsi Sulawesi Selatan. Jurnal Pengabdian UNDIKMA: Jurnal Hasil Pengabdian & Pemberdayaan Kepada Masyarakat, 1(2), 70–76.
- Setyowati, D. L. (2019). Pendidikan Kebencanaan. Urgensi Pendidikan Mitigasi Bencana, 1–14.
- Sugiyono. (2016). Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif, Kualitatif, R & D. Alfabeta.
- Swart, J., Peters, C., & Broersma, M. (2019). Sharing and Discussing News in Private Social Media Groups: The social function of news and current affairs in location-based, work-oriented and leisure-focused communities. Digital Journalism, 7(2), 187–205. https://doi.org/10.1080/21670811.2018.1465351
- Wisnu Martha Adiputra. (2008). Literasi Media dan Interpretasi atas Bencana.pdf. Jurnal Ilmu Sosial Dan Ilmu Politik, 11(3), 287–414.
- Yusuf Sobri, A., Bafadal, I., Nurabadi, A., & Gunawan, I. (2018). Development of Mentoring Modules Based on Self-Reflection for Beginner Principal. 269(CoEMA), 133–139. https://doi.org/10.2991/coema-18.2018.34