Main Article Content
This study was the correlation between language learning strategies and students’ thinking styles. This study aimed to determine whether there is a significant correlation between language learning strategies and student thinking styles. This study used a quantitative correlational approach as a research method. The data were collected by Likert scale questionnaire. The research data were analyzed using SPSS 26.0 program. This program was used to find out whether there is a significant correlation between language learning strategies (X) and students‟ thinking styles (Y). The result of the questionnaire showed there is a positive correlation between language learning strategies and student thinking styles. It can be proved by the correlation coefficient (r count) and significance value (ρ) got from the calculation r count = 0.507, ρ = 0.002 < 0.05. Based on the findings of the data analysis, there is positive significant relationship between language learning strategies and student thinking styles of students’ English education department IAIN Langsa.
- Alfian. (2016). The aplication of language learning strategy of high school students in indonesia. IJEE (Indonesian Journal of English Education)Indonesia Journal of English Education, 3, 140–157.
- Alhaysony, M. (2017). Language Learning Strategies Use by Saudi EFL Students : The Effect of Duration of English Language Study and Gender. 7(1), 18–28.
- Celce-Murcia, M. (2008). Rethinking the role of communicative competence in language teaching. In Intercultural language use and language learning (pp. 41-57). Springer, Dordrecht.
- Creswell, J. W. (2012). Educational Research: Planning, conducting, and evaluating quantitative and qualitative research (4th ed). NJ : Pearson Education, Inc.
- Dweck, C. S. (2006). The new psycology of success.
- Hardan, A. A. (2013). Language Learning Strategies: A General Overview. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 106, 1712–1726. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2013.12.194
- Hasbalnikistan, M. Y., Mahriza, R., & Muslem. (2020). Application of the Reflective Learning Theory in Disclosure of Student Achievements When Learning Grammar Ii in Iain Langsa. JL3T ( Journal of Linguistics Literature and Language Teaching), 5(2), 120–138. https://doi.org/10.32505/jl3t.v5i2.1428
- Indriantoro, N., & Supomo, B. (2016). Metodologi Penelitian Bisnis : Untuk Akuntansi dan Manajemen.
- Nyikos, M. (1990). Sex-related differences in adult language learning socialization and memory factor. Modern Language Journal, 74, 273–287.
- Oxford, R. L. (1990). language learning strategies: what every teacher should know. heinle&henle.
- Pearson, C. (2012). Handbook of applied mathematics: selected results and methods. Springer Science & Business Media.
- Sternberg. R. J., & Wagner, R. K. (1992). Thinking styles inventory. Unpublished Masterl thisis.
- Tari, Z. A., & Roslin, V. P. (2020). Language Learning Styles and Writing Strategies as Predictors of Writing Anxiety among Iranian EFL Learners. KURMANJ; The Journal of Culture, Humanities and Social Science, 3(1), 12–22. https://doi.org/10.47176/kurmanj.3.1.12