Main Article Content
This study discusses guidance and counseling accountability in schools so that school counselors can demonstrate their duties as instrumental personnel in achieving optimal student competencies. One model of accountability activities is the MEASURE model developed by Stone and Dahir (2016), as a six-step accountability process that helps school counselors to implement a component of accountability into counseling and guidance programs. The advice in this study is for school counselors to conduct In-Service Training to help them improve their skills in accountability.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- Fezler, B & Brown, C. (2011). Sponsored by AASSA and the U.S. State Department Office of Overseas Schools. The International Model For School Counseling Programs.
- Loesch, L. C. (2007). Accountability for school counseling (ACAPCD-01). Alexandria, VA: American Counseling Association.
- Myrick, R. D. (2011). Developmental Guidance and Counseling: A Practical Approach. Minneapolis: Educational Media Corporation.
- Paolini, A. C. (2015). Impact of Accountability Measures on Perceived Counselor Self-Efficacy and Student Outcomes. VISTAS.
- Paolini, A. C., & Topdemir, C. M. 2013. Impact of Accountability on Role Confusion: Implications for School Counselor Practice. VISTAS.
- Rhyne-Winkler, M. C., & Wooten, H. R. (1996). The school counselor portfolio: Professional development and accountability. School Counselor, 44(2), 146-150.
- Shertzer, B and Stone, S. C. (1989). Fundamentals of counseling (third edition). U.S.A: Library of Congress Catalog.
- Sink, C. (2009). School Counselor as Accountability Leaders: Another Call for Action. Profesional School Counseling. 13 (2).
- Topdemir, C. (2010). School counselor accountability practices: Anationalstudy. Doctoral Dissertation. University of South Florida.
- Topdemir, C. M. (2010). School Counselor Accountability Practices: A National Study. Scholar Commons Citation.
- Wehrman, J. D., Williams, R. & Field, J .2010. Accountability Through Documentation: What Are Best Practices for School Counselors?. https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/EJ914267.
- Young, A., & Kaffenberger, C. (2011). The Beliefs and Practices of School Counselors Who Use Data to Implement Comprehensive School Counseling Programs. Professional School Counseling. 15, 67–76.
- Yusuf, A. M. (2005). Riset, Evaluasi dan Akuntabilitas dalam Bimbingan dan Konseling. Konvensi Nasional XIV dan Kongres Nasional X ABKIN di Semarang 13-16 April 2005.