Main Article Content
this paper will be explained about how family justice the polygamy based on the gender perspective, which has interpreted through the Athirahh novel. Considering that in this novel tells about the conflict in the polygamous family life carried out by Haji Kalla. Therefore the contributions of this research are: Firstly, the gender justice concept: marriage commitment and relation. The impartiality for a polygamous family is quiet difficult because of the balance of a polygamous family it is not only about the living sharing but also the feeling sharing. There might be a polygamy justice if the couple has a commitment to remain for the couple and maintain the marriage even though there are those who getting hurt because of that polygamy. Secondly, as told in the Athirahh novel, the figure of the woman who was hurt because of the polygamy had been done by her husband, but she was able to manage her mental and keep her good behavior in front of her husband and her children, so that was why the marriage commitment was maintained. But there was an inequality in the relation and the task division because Haji Kalla spent his time with his new wife more than the old one. Athirah had to has burden more because of it. In addition to keep her family, she also had to work for them.
- Watt, W. Montgomery. 1956. Muhammad at Medina. Oxford: The Clarendon Press.
- Murdock, G.P. 1956. Social Structure. Tenth priting. New York: The McMillan Company.
- Endah, Alberthiene. 2016. Athirah. Jakarta: Noura Books.
- Taylor, Shelley E. dkk. 1997. Social Psychology. New Jersey: Prentice Hall.
- Johnson, M. P. dkk. 1999. The Tripartite Nature of Marital Commitment, Personal, Moral, and Structural Reasons to Stay Married. Journal of Marriage and the Family 6 (1): 160-177.
- Previti,D. and P. R. Amato. 2003. Why Stay Married? Rewards, Barriers, and Marital Stability. Journal of Marriage and the Family. 65 (3): 561-573
- Kaswara, dan Santoso. 2008. Pengantar Teori Pengembangan Sumber Daya Manusia. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
- Mudzakir, As. 1987. Keluarga Muslim dan Berbagai Masalahnya. Bandung: Penerbit Pustaka.
- Lestari, S. 2012. Psikologi Keluarga: Penanaman Nilai dan Penanganan Konflik dalam Keluarga. Jakarta: Kencana.
- Ch, Mufidah. 2008. Psikologi Keluarga Islam Berwawasan Gender. Malang: UIN Malang Press.
- Calhoun, J.F. dan J.R. Acocella. 1995. Psikologi tentang penyesuain dalam Hubungan Kemanusiaan, Terjm. R.S. Satmoko. Semarang: IKIP Semarang Press.
- Davidson, T.M. and E.V. Cardemil. Parent-chil Communication and par ental involvement in lation adolescent. The journal of early adolescence, 29 (1),99-121.
- Arifin, M. tt. Hubungan Timbal Balik Pendidikan Agama di Lingkungan Sekolah dan Keluarga . Jakarta: Bulan Bintang.
- Dagun, Save M. 1990. Psikologi Keluarga. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
- Creswell, John W. 2018. Penelitian Kualitatif dan Desain Riset: memilih di antara lima pendekatan. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar.
- Chen, Z. Parent- Child relationship, childhood and adoles cence. In D. Carr (Ed), Encyclopedia of the life Coerse and Human Development. Vol.I:
- Childhood, and Adolescence, (New York: The Gale Group Inc,2009), pp.335-340
- Nurhayati, Eti. 2012. Psikologi Perempuan: dalam Berbagai Perspektif. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar.
- Ruether, Rosemary Radford.1989. The Western Relegion Tradition and Violence against Women in the home, dalam Joanne Carlson Brown and Carole R. Bohn (ed), Christianity, patriarchy, and Abuse. Cleveland, OH: Pilgrim.
- Boudieu, Piere1998. Practical Reason; On The Theory of Action. California University Press.